Thursday, September 9, 2010

Zucchini boats with mushrooms and bacon

I got the idea for the zucchini boats from one of my favorite food blogs, For The Love of Cooking. But I had to use the ingredients I had on hand, so this is what I came up with. They were fantastic. My dear spouse doesn't like zucchini or mushrooms, and he had seconds!


Ingredients

1 zucchini
1/4 C Panko Bread Crumbs
Parmesan Cheese
Diced Mushrooms
Cooked and Crumbled Bacon
1 egg
Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper
Italian Seasoning

Combine Bread Crumbs, Parmesan, Mushrooms, and Bacon. Beat egg and toss with dry mixture to coat.


Cut Zucchini in half and scoop out the middle with a spoon. Lightly brush with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Spoon mixture into zucchini.


Bake for 20 minute at 375 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment